Wednesday, April 13, 2016

2016 stitching & finishing

i figured that now would be a good time to show some of my stitchy pieces that i've been working on for this year!


the colder holiday season always makes me want to cross stitch something!

country cottage needleworks merry christmas
country cottage needleworks "merry christmas"


(for my boo...)
*fun fact: this is the first iowa state candy cane they painted!

carol dupree needlepoint iowa state candy cane
carol dupree iowa state candy cane


funda scully needlepoint KKG
funda scully kkg hinged box


(for my boo...)

this was such a fun project, and finally presented the perfect canvas opportunity to use my teeny tiny heart button! also a great stash-buster

in good company needlepoint iowa stocking
in good company iowa mini-stocking


with the recent welcome of spring, i pulled these cuties out of my stash and loved bringing them to life! i've got big plans for the finishing (hint: it includes a giant bow)

ewe and eye needlepoint easter bunny

ewe and eye needlepoint easter bunny
ewe & eye bunnies


i've set a goal to be better about managing the finish pile, so i'm trying to slowly get canvases to the finisher one by one. this guy was an obvious first choice!

petei needlepoint whirling dervish santa
petei whirling dervish santa


i've stitched through SO much of my stash this past year that i am now left with some larger projects that i was putting off for a while. one of those that i've started is the carol dupree nativity club through french knot. hope you'll tune in for the progress pics!

xoxo

4 comments:

  1. Great stitching! U have been busy! Don't wait so long to post, Luv seeing ur stuff! I'm at French Knot often, maybe will see u sometime!
    Keep stitching, Becca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i'm over in fw a ton, we'll have to schedule a stitchy date!

      Delete
  2. Beautiful work! I am happy you are posting again. I've missed seeing your work it is inspiring.

    ReplyDelete