Monday, August 12, 2013

a piggy (almost) finish!

ok ok, technically it's not a finish since i'm still working the background, but it's serious progress!

Patti Mann pig


instead of beating myself up about all the "coulda, woulda, shoulda" aspects of this piece, i'm just going with the flow and taking deep breaths.

Patti Mann pig


i'm glad i was able to practice more of my ribbon roses, i think they turned out ok!

Patti Mann pig


i went back and forth on background options. but at the end of the day, there is so much going on that i didn't want to distract from that. thoughts on the pink? love it? hate it?

3 comments:

  1. I think it looks fantastic, especially the roses! I'm a big fan of the pink background. What ribbon/thread/fiber did you use for the flowers and leaves? I love the little grosgrain aspect to it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks! i used gloriana ribbon for both leaves and roses

      Delete
  2. Looks great! I love the pink--and his tail is super cute!

    ReplyDelete