Wednesday, September 19, 2012

starting on the background

this week i started stitching the first step of the stocking background. while it's bo-oring work, it's exciting to see it start to come to life. 

Susan Roberts needlepoint nutcracker stocking


i'm starting with the navy blue borders and will then go back with kreinik for the center lines. at least it's easy and doesn't require a lot of attention, so i can stitch while watching tv.

Susan Roberts needlepoint nutcracker stocking


i do love how much impact it has on the stocking. it's really starting to come alive!

5 comments:

  1. You would not believe how anal I am about writing down on my "things to do" list for the day, to complete "x" amount of the boring stitching. That is the only way I ever get it done. I actually calculate how far I think I should get each day and how many days before I get it done. Do I not sound like an addict????

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha we are all addicts diane! i love your organization...meanwhile i'm becoming a stitchy martyr with my moaning and groaning...

      Delete
  2. Hi Katherine,
    You are doing a magnificent job on this stocking.
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks so much linda! trying to get this finished by the weekend!

      Delete
  3. It looks so good. What is in store for the diamonds?

    ReplyDelete