Tuesday, October 9, 2012

i don't like it...

i made progress with the water meter ornament last night, but after looking at it again this morning, i'm not sure how i feel about it. 

Sheila NOLA Water Meter needlepoint


the stars are all so irregular that outlining them doesn't really help. it only makes it look more primitive. 

the moon beams are also irregular that doing a straight satin stitch doesn't make it look any better. 


i think i'm resorting to beads. yes, i've made up my mind and don't try and stop me. beads will be the perfect accouterments for this piece. 


i really was resigned to do this without the help of beads, but it's just not working. back to the shop i go this weekend! at least it will give me some quality time with my lady...oh how i've missed her...


3 comments:

  1. I agree with you, and think beads may just be the answer. Love this ornament!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You might try doing your outline stitches from point to point, working your way around the star (rather than your way of outlining each "point"). That will fill in most of the center and you can finish the absolute center with a French knot. I hope you can figure out what I mean since this doesn't seem very clear.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You could try eyelet stars. Stitch over the rays and put on top using two strands of Accentuate. If you look at my post today, that is how Amy stitched the star rays on my creche. Or bead. It will all look cute.

    ReplyDelete