Wednesday, October 17, 2012

starting over

remember my frustration with the water meter ornament

i made a trip to my lns this weekend determined to turn this canvas around. luckily, my mentor diana was in full agreement that it needed something more. we both agreed on beads for the stars, but she suggested maybe introducing a color variation to the mix. 

here's what we chose.

Sheila NOLA Water Meter needlepoint


i absolutely love the olive green memory thread for the crescent moon and beams. diana noted that the actual water meter covers are full of gunk and grit from being on the streets. the olive really works well with the background color and brings another level to the piece. 

Sheila NOLA Water Meter needlepoint

for the stars, the choice was clear.

Sheila NOLA Water Meter needlepoint

i am fully re-charged on this project 
and can't wait to get re-started!

4 comments:

  1. I love your cute blog and your wonderful projects! I just started a blog of my own...we'll see how I do! Keep up the wonderful stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great that your back-up is near by. Can't wait to see the results!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you are definitely headed in the right direction. Looking forward to seeing it finished.

    ReplyDelete