Friday, July 26, 2013

a friday finish (finally!)

i was able to finish this up last night, and now i'm happy dancing my way into the weekend!

the background seemed to plague me this time around. not sure if it seemed longer because i was traveling, or because there was more space to cover. in any case, i was more than happy to trade the navy floss for memory thread!

here's how my girl first looked after i tacked down the memory thread...

Princess & Me nativity


 and after i curled the thread around my needle...

Princess & Me nativity


 i'm purposely keeping the hair longer until it comes back from the finisher when i can trim it and fluff up the curls. the great thing about memory thread is that you can play and bend to your heart's content, so this will be ongoing fun!

Princess & Me nativity


what do you think?

2 comments:

  1. I enjoy your creativity. I'm sure I'm not the only one who would like to see how the hair finally kinks out. There is a lot more room to the side than straight up. Am I the only one old enough to remember Frankenstein's wife?

    ReplyDelete