i worked on the queen's hair and with the help of diana from my lns, we decided that a varied version of the buttonhole stitch would look fitting for the snood, or woven hairnet.
the tent stitch on her hair worried me at first, i thought it would look too plain. i'm glad i didn't listen to my gut because the buttonhole overlay is the star, and the hair is just a supporting role.
after picking myself off the floor following le bead meltdown...and with jane's encouragement, i came to the conclusion that trying to add beads on the bodice was too much. one of the issues that i've been forced to come to terms with is that there are so many opportunities for decorative stitches and complicated techniques, but there's a very delicate balance on when to use them.
sometimes the simple option is the best one. like using memory thread for the laces, and securing them with a bit of krenik. i can't over-think the stitches and i can't stress out if the right answer doesn't appear to me instantly.
only one more piece of her dress before we move on to the next destination!
ps. if you are confused by today's blog title, please watch this masterpiece by sandler and farley. i had this stuck in my head the whole time i worked on the hairnet. enjoy!